Tuesday, March 8, 2011

GARLIC SAUTEED GREEN BEANS

When I was a little girl growing up in Kentucky, I hated green beans.  HATED!!!! with a passion.  I don't really know why, but I did.  So, of course, my parents loved them. :)  They were frequent fliers on our dinner table.  And I just knew that when I grew up I would never eat another green bean again.  And then I grew up.  And suddenly, I wanted green beans.  Now, I may never reach the point of saying that I love them, but I do ....ummm... enjoy them.  That's probably the best way to describe it.  For some reason, I find them to be rather a rather versatile vegetable.  I love finding new ways to cook them.  And since a few days ago I made Mojito de Ajo (Garlic Sauce), I have leftover sauce in the refrigerator just begging to be used.  I think this is a nice departure from the old tried and true green beans I grew up with. 


GARLIC SAUTEED GREEN BEANS

1 lb green beans, topped and tailed                                
2 Tbsp Mojito de Ajo (Garlic Sauce)
Freshly ground pepper, to taste

If you're not going to cook the beans immediately, leave them in a bowl of ice water.  Heat garlic sauce on medium high heat.  Add green beans; cook for 5 minutes.  Add pepper to taste. Remove from heat.


This was playing on Pandora while I was cooking, and I thought I would share it. 

So, until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )

No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow.  ~Proverb

CONTACT ME

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It